I’m a sucker for a Sunday morning English breakfast but that doesn’t mean, I only enjoy eating it on a Sunday morning. Granted, a proper English breakfast can take a while to whip up and leave many a dirty dish but it doesn’t always have to be that way. If you’re like me and love some good old bacon, eggs, sausages and beans then a one pan English breakfast is exactly what you need.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1 Sausage (mutton, chicken or pork – whatever you’re craving)
A quarter can of baked beans
Half a tomato (chopped)
A quarter of an onion (chopped)
1 Green chilli
Chilli flakes or powder
Salt and pepper
Herbs to season
A good sturdy pan
- Start by frying up the sausage until it’s ¾ of the way cooked.
- Chop up your bacon and add this into the pan and let cook together with the sausage.
- Add the onion, tomatoes and chilli.
- Let it brown and soften.
- Stir in the baked beans.
- Add ½ a teaspoon of chilli flakes or powder.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Using a spoon, push back some of the baked beans, making a well in the pan.
- Crack an egg into the well and let it cook on low heat.
- When the egg turns white and the yolk is half cooked (depending on how you like your eggs), take the pan off the heat.
- Add a sprinkle of herbs over the top.
- Serve with some whole-wheat toast, coffee and a newspaper.