Political unrest in Egypt has been rife for ages now and as sad and scary as it is, there is a glimmer of hope. However despite the political situation many of the local travel warnings have been relaxed, allowing travelers back into the country. So that leaves us with the question of… to travel… or not to travel to Egypt? Whilst so many of us think it may be a complete and utter death sentence travelling here, that is not always the case. If you do some research, you will find that many little cities are still safe to visit and have not been affected by any unrest. Here are six reasons why you should still visit Egypt.
- Many of the tourist attractions will be quieter and more peaceful to visit.
- Flight tickets and expensive hotels are actually not so expensive any more.
- You will be treated like an honorable guest. The locals are aware of what is happening to their tourism industry. You may even be stopped by locals who want to thank you for coming back despite what has happened in the past.
- There are no lines for major attractions.
- You will be able to enter sites that were off limits and take pictures at places that you normally could not before.
- You will be doing just a little to help a struggling economy by spending your money here.
Checking out real-time travel sites that issue warnings will help you make calculated decisions should you decide to visit certain troubled areas. If you find yourself in a city where protests are rife and you feel unsafe, contact your local embassy immediately and do your best to get out as soon as possible.