I love tasting exotic foods from around the world. It’s not just that I love to eat but also because when I’m feeling adventurous and want to whip up something simple and new, I can combine a few varying elements in the kitchen and make something that’s quick and easy. Quesadillas are one of my favorite. Delicious tortillas filled with something spicy and delicious, topped with cheese and grilled on a pan. One bite and it oozes a whole lot of goodness. Yum!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Baked beans in tomato sauce (canned)
Tortilla wraps (corn or flour)
Green bell peppers
- I like to have a range of readily available ingredients in my little pantry. One of those iscanned beans in tomato sauce. Delicious as they are when uncooked and slopped over a beef burger, they can be made even more appealing when simmered with some chopped onions and a spicy chilli or two.
- Chop up some colored bell peppers and a punnet of button mushrooms. Fry these up in a pan with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt, pepper and Italian herbs.
- Add a few spoonful’s of the chilli beans onto half of an opened tortilla wrap, followed by a spoon of the pepper and mushroom mix.
- Grate over some mozzarella cheese and top with sliced jalapenos.
- Fold your wrap in half and flip onto a hot pan. Toast on either side until warm and slightly brown or until the cheese melts.
- Slice in half and let that warm melted mozzarella cheese ooze out as you pour yourself a fruity bellini.