Recently I’ve been thinking of ways to cook up something that’s quick, easy and still delicious for dinner. My days at work would usually end somewhere between 8:00 – 8:30 pm so by the time I got home, I was pretty damn exhausted. That meant all I really wanted to do was flop on the couch and catch up with another episode of Grey’s Anatomy. If you haven’t tried spinach tortilla wraps as yet, I suggest you do. It’s a different spin to classic tortillas and they are absolutely delicious. They’re also a lot more heartier too. Not healthier, but heartier! Last week I came up with a simplified version of Chicken Lettuce Spinach Wraps. The entire meal took me about twenty-five minutes to whip up which is perfect for a weekday dinner when you get home late and just want to do the bare minimum.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
2 Chicken breasts
2 Hard-boiled eggs
4 Spinach tortilla wraps
1 Cup of lettuce
Red, Yellow and Green Peppers
2 Cloves of garlic
Italian or Caesar dressing (whichever you prefer)
On a late night when I’m tired and starving, I can’t be bothered with slow roasting chicken in the oven. It takes way too much time and since I want something quick and easy (truthfully, it’s also because I am way too lazy), I cook my chicken on the stove.
- Throw in some olive oil together with the chicken breasts, salt, pepper and Italian herbs. Let that sizzle away.
- Chop up the mushrooms, garlic and colored peppers.
- Put the eggs in a pot of boiling water and let that boil for about 12 – 15 minutes. Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, they usually take around 10 – 15 minutes to cook. Shred up the chicken breasts while still in the pan. This way you can check if they’re cooked too.
- Throw in the diced veggies.
- Give it a mix or two and let that heat up and soak in the flavor of the cooked chicken.
- Once that’s done, it’s time to start assembling the spinach wraps.
- Lightly toast the tortilla wraps in a pan.
- Shred up some lettuce and layer this onto your wrap.
- Follow this with the chicken and vegetable mix.
- Slice up the egg and place that over.
- Add some jalapenos.
- Grate over some Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle on some dressing.
- Roll up your wrap: gently fold the bottom up and over the lower edge of the filling. Next, fold one side of the tortilla in toward the center, followed by the other side. Then roll.
- Cut your wraps diagonally and serve.
- Plonk on the couch, hit play on your TV series and devour your dinner.